Through Prairie Lakes AEA:
- Early Childhood Area of Concentration-Paraeducator Level 2 - Click here to view information. *Updated 10/14/2013
- APL Instructional Skills Training - Click here to view information. *Updated 9/10/2013
- Fall 2013 DNR Online classes - Click here to view information.
- Click here to view information on "how to renew the evaluator license".
Through our Partners:
- Buena Vista University - Online TAG Endorsement starts March 4, 2013. Click here for more information.
- Principal Leadership from Drake University - Drake University's Educational Leadership program starts in January, 2013. Click here for more information.
- Kirkwood Community College offers Paraeducator Certification classes. Click here for more information regarding this program. *Updated on 12/14/2012
Resources & Information
PLAEA Professional Development Registration form for courses- Click here to download a copy.
How to register online- Click here for information.
Searching for PLAEA classes - Click here to view instructions.
Prairie Lakes AEA 8 Professional Development Cancellation Policy
Paraeducators as Substitutes: Paraeducators that hold a Generalist I Certification AND hold a Substitute Authorization License can substitute teach in the special education classroom to which they are assigned. The special education classroom may be in the elementary, middle, junior high or high school level.
Our mission is to ensure success for all learners through collaborative partnerships.
Professional Development Vision - Quality Professional Development at Prairie Lakes AEA is based on collaborative partnerships that focus on improved learning and achievement for all. By operating as a high-performing learning community, everyone is empowered to solve problems through supportive relationships that challenge thinking in creative ways. We are committed to efficient processes which effectively meet on-going, evolving needs.