Network Services Available through
Prairie Lakes AEA
Prairie Lakes AEA
- School Network Consulting
- Problems inevitably come up on your network that exceeds your technical staff's experience. Upon request we will work with your technical staff to resolve the problem. We ensure that your technical staff understands the problem and solution so they can correct the problem if it happens again.
- Network Planning and Evaluation
- Upon request Prairie Lakes AEA will perform a Network Evaluation on your current network and use. While addressing the districts goals and budget we will make recommendations to ensure the districts infrastructure will support the learning environment.
- Proposals on new equipment
- Purchasing Support
- If your district is thinking about purchasing additional hardware or software, Prairie Lakes AEA will be happy to discuss your requirements. Prairie Lakes AEA will assist your district with product selection, pricing, vendor and support options.
- Bid Review
- Upon request Prairie Lakes AEA will review any bids for computer and network upgrades. This non-vendor review can help ensure that the solution offered is in the best interest of the district.
- Server Installation Assistance
- When installing new servers at your district Prairie lakes AEA can assist. Our engineering staff with over 10 years K12 experience can ensure your new equipment is optimized for student learning.
- E-Rate Assistance
- Did you know that districts can save up to 90% on their phone, and Internet expenses? Our Systems Engineer can assist your district with filing for these discounts. Click for more Information.
- Wireless Site Survey
- Using the state of the art equipment Prairie Lakes AEA will come to your site and perform a wireless site survey. Equipment will map wireless coverage throughout your building. With this data we can assist in Wireless Access Point location and configuration to optimize your districts wireless network.
- Interview Assistance
- If your district is looking to hire new technology staff Prairie Lakes AEA can help. We can provide assistance with job descriptions, Help Wanted ads, and interview questions. Our Systems Engineer can also participate as part of the Interview team to help ensure that the person selected has the technical ability to support the district.
- Monthly Technology Meetings
- Prairie Lakes AEA facilitates monthly technology meetings for district technical staff during the school year. Meetings include districts showcasing their technology projects as well as various vendor presentations. For the technology people who are not able to attend all sessions are recorded and available on our web site. Click for more Information.
- Workstation Configuration Assistance
- Frustrated with workstation problems. Prairie lakes AEA can assist in optimizing workstations for the K12 environment. Solutions include Imaging, Hard Drive locks, Policies, Profiles, and software setup.
- DNS Hosting
- Prairie Lakes AEA can host your districts DNS servers at our facility. We also maintain two additional backup DNS servers located at different locations and connected to different Internet service providers.
- E-Mail Hosting
- Prairie Lakes AEA can host a districts e-mail accounts at our facility. Districts can now free up time and resources to address other technical issues in your district. Districts can still maintain their own domain name and e-mail address. All messages are scanned for viruses and junk e-mail. Users can check their mail with any e-mail client (Eudora, Outlook, Outlook Express) as well as access their mail via a web interface anywhere in the world. The cost of $20 per month covers your entire district regardless of size. Click for more Information.
- E-Mail Spam and Virus Filtering
- With the problems of e-mail viruses and junk e-mail increasing all the time, e-mail servers need some type of protection. District housed solutions can be expensive and require updating. Prairie Lakes AEA provides virus and junk e0mail filtering for districts. The cost of $20 per month covers your entire district regardless of size. No changes in e-mail addresses or servers are required at the district. Click for more Information.
- Backup E-Mail Servers
- What happens when your mail server goes down? Prairie Lakes AEA has three backup e-mail servers located in three different locations connected to the Internet via three separate Internet service providers. This service is free of charge to districts.
- Remote Data Backup
- Utilizing the Internet this service will maintain backup copies of your districts critical data. All information is encrypted at the district and safe from outside threats. Remote Data Backup provides your district with an extra layer of protection in the event your normal backup policies fail. This service is available for at cost of $20 per month.
- Computer Recycling
- Working with Iowa Central Community College, Prairie Lakes AEA offers computer recycling to districts. Recycling old computer equipment ensures that toxic material used in the equipment does not end up in the landfill polluting our environment. Cost for recycling will vary based on the numbers of districts participating, cost of fuel, and distance for pickup/delivery. Click for more Information.
- Sonicwall Firewall Management
- For districts that use Sonicwall Firewalls, Prairie Lakes AEA can manage configuration and updates from our office. Our Global management Software allows us to remotely monitor, configure,, and update your Sonicwall firewall. If a new security threat comes out we can apply rules to all the managed firewalls to minimize the impact of the threat.